Firefox Extensions For Web Professionals
Discovery #6 – FireBug
Firebug provides the most common features for almost every customization you can think of. While you browse you can edit, debug and monitor your CSS code and tweak styles to see what they would look like before you implement. Firebug basically allows you to:
- Tweak and position HTML elements with CSS and the Layout panels.
- Find specific elements on a webpage with ease and precision.
- Monitor the performance of each file to identify slow loaders
- Visualize CSS Metrics
- Plus a host of additional features
Not all of us as bloggers are interested in becoming developers but think of CSS as a tool to control the layout, colors and feel of your blog’s theme as you would think of customizing a Microsoft Word document. It can be a very fulfilling feeling to know that you can make your blog stand out by simply implementing some very basic code. So CSS is definitely worth learning a bit.
Firebug is the simplest tool I have found so far for gaining control and understanding a WordPress blog theme design and is very useful for getting started as a new blogger and editing your theme.
- Another must have utility.
- Don’t forget, if you know of any must have Firefox extensions worth investigating, just let me know.
Well, I hope you found something useful and enjoyed this article, Discovery #6 – FireBug.