5 rules to Internet Business Branding Online, What is a Brand?
What is a Brand?
The American Marketing Association (AMA) answers the question, ‘What is a brand?’, as a “name, term, sign, symbol or design, or a combination of them intended to identify the goods and services of one seller or group of sellers and to differentiate them from those of other sellers.”, i.e. a brand identity.
What is a Brand to You and Me?
What is Branding in everyday terms? Well, I think we can probably agree it’s the entire process involved in creating a unique name and image for a product, goods or service in the consumers’ mind, an online brand identity. This is achieved through advertising campaigns by using a consistent theme, look and feel. I think the aim of branding is to establish a significant and differentiated presence in the market (brand identity) that attracts and retains loyal customers with the aim of increasing internet sales. So what is branding? It’s what keeps loyal customers coming back for more.
Brand Management and Brand Recognition
Careful brand management seeks to make the product or services relevant to the target audience. Brands should be seen as more than the difference between the actual cost of a product and its selling price – they represent the sum of all valuable qualities of a product to the consumer. A brand which is widely known in the marketplace acquires brand recognition. From the perspective of brand owners, branded products or services also command higher prices.
It makes sense to understand that branding is not about getting your target market to choose you over the competition, but it is about getting your prospects to see you as the only one that provides a solution to their problem, this is where your brand marketing campaign comes into play. Your brand marketing campaigns should focus on brand awareness, your brand image and brand loyalty. To succeed in brand marketing you must understand the needs and wants of your customers. You do this by integrating your brand marketing strategies through your company at every point of customer contact.
Brands typically are made up of various elements, such as: 
- Name: The word or words used to identify a company, product, service, or concept.
- Logo: The visual trademark that identifies the brand.
- Tagline or Catchphrase: “The Quicker Picker Upper” is associated with Bounty paper towels. “Can you hear me now” is an important part of the Verizon brand.
- Graphics: The dynamic ribbon is a trademarked part of Coca-Cola’s brand.
- Shapes: The distinctive shapes of the Coca-Cola bottle and of the Volkswagen Beetle are trademarked elements of those brands.
- Colors: Owens-Corning is the only brand of fibreglass insulation that can be pink.
- Sounds: A unique tune or set of notes can denote a brand. NBC’s chimes are a famous example.
- Scents: The rose-jasmine-musk scent of Chanel No. 5 is trademarked.
- Tastes: Kentucky Fried Chicken has trademarked its special recipe of eleven herbs and spices for fried chicken.
- Movements: Lamborghini has trademarked the upward motion of its car doors.
5 rules to Internet Business Branding Online
There are 5 things you need to do in order to brand your internet business online and with millions of competing internet businesses, marketing blogs, brand names, logo branding and online retailing it’s never been more important to you create your own brand. You need to become a ‘household name” in your niche so you can create income on the Internet. Don’t think, because you’re a small business working from home on the internet this doesn’t apply to you. It does.
Creating a unique image for you and your business is just as important as creating an image for your product. So what are the 5 secrets to branding online?
1. You Need Your Own Domain Name
In time, you may have many websites and it’s very important that you have at least one website with your name or your brand name as the domain. Examples would be kingsolutions.com, kingsolutions.org.uk or using your country extension such as, kingsolutions.co.uk. If the name you want is not available, consider adding a dash between words or an alternative extension, but do remember the ‘com’ extension is the prime target for businesses. The important factor here is that your domain name includes your brand name.
- You can research and buy your domain name from many sources, I personally use GoDaddy, JustHost or HostGator depending upon the offers available.
2. Host Your Domain, Install a WordPress Blog
To get the most from your brand you need an affiliate marketing blog. Most hosting companies today offer the ability to install a WordPress blog and this will be the perfect platform for your affiliate marketing blog. Why do this? Well, the search engines love WordPress and provided you supply good content, your affiliate marketing blog will be indexed automatically by the search engines. Most hosting companies offer simple, one click, solutions for hosting WordPress, this blog for example is hosted with JustHost, but GoDaddy, HostGator, BlueHost, HostMonster, iPage and many more offer similar services.
3. Setup an Autoresponder and Install a Form On Your Blog
Now that you have your blog installed your WordPress blog, you will need to setup an Autoresponder campaign and create a form for your blog to help promote your internet sales campaign.
- An autoresponder is an application which allows you to automatically respond to visitor requests. When the website visitor fills out the form on your lead capture page, not only are they redirected to your offer, they are also added to your email marketing list for use in your email marketing campaigns.
Most professional auto-responders such as those offered by Aweber and Getresponse offer you simple ways to add email marketing campaigns and create forms on your WordPress blog. Your autoresponder is considered the most powerful of all your available tools for email marketing by most online marketers.
It is vital that your Blog include a subscriber form as the purpose of your blog is to attract subscribers to your list so that you can turn them into buyers and increase internet sales over time. Consider offering a free e-book or report to your subscribers as a thank you for subscribing to your list. I’m sure you’ve heard the saying, “the monies in the list”, well to use your list effectively you need an autoresponder.
4. Write Blog Posts and Record Videos
With your blog ready and online, you will need to post articles and record videos. WordPress makes posting your content very easy and it’s not a complicated process, even newbies get the hang of it with just a few hours practice. If you have a web cam you can even post your own videos. Videos are ideal medium for sharing your experience and knowledge about your product or service.
5. Get Traffic to Your New Blog
There are many ways to get traffic to your website. The first thing you need to do when your post is complete, is to “ping” your blog to all the search engines, don’t worry this happens automatically with WordPress. Social Networks, such as Facebook and LinkedIn should also be included in your posts, just share your new information with your Facebook friends and include it on your profile. The fact that you are sharing a blog post and not an “ad” will attract visitors to your website and increase internet sales.
5 rules to Internet Business Branding Online Conclusion
Well, I hope you found something useful and enjoyed this article, 5 rules to Internet Business Branding Online, please don’t forget to let me have your thoughts in the comment box below. See you soon.